To all clients and consumers of services at Columbus Speech and Hearing Center:
Our audiology department remains open to address urgent items. These are scary times, and not being able to hear would only add to the burden of confusion, fear and social isolation that can occur. We feel it is imperative to remain open to serve the needs of those with hearing loss. At this time we are not accepting walk-ins and will see patients by appointment only. Our hours will be reduced, so please call to find out when we are open.
We continue to clean and sanitize to ensure the safest environment for our patients. Our staff is taking extra precautions as advised by the CDC and we ask that our patients do the same. If you are sick, or have been in contact with someone who is sick, please reschedule your appointment. It is recommended that all patients check their temperature at home before arriving at Columbus Speech & Hearing Center for their appointment. If your temperature is 100.4 or higher, or if you are coughing, please call and reschedule your appointment.
Our speech clinic is closed at this time. Columbus Speech & Hearing Center has suspended in-person speech therapy services. We are working diligently to offer telehealth speech therapy services. We will be in contact with our speech therapy clients and families about this option as soon as possible. If you are interested in continuing your therapy via technology please call us.
ORIGINAL POST 3/12/2020
The security and safety of employees,
clients, students, and volunteers at Columbus Speech and Hearing Center is our
highest priority. In light of recent news regarding COVID-19 (novel
coronavirus) being present in Ohio, we want to share with you the steps and
procedures we are taking to keep everyone safe and put your minds at
In the interest of public health and safety, Columbus Speech and Hearing Center is taking the following measures:
- All offices and services will operate typically. We recognize that information and the situation is evolving rapidly and we continue to monitor information as it becomes available.
- Enhanced environment cleaning procedures are being implemented at our facilities.
- We will follow the lead of national, state, and local public health authorities and implement recommended proactive strategies in all of our spaces as necessary. We will closely monitor the health of all employees. Any employees showing signs of illness or reports of feeling ill will be asked to stay home.
- If you are a client of Columbus Speech and Hearing Center, we hope you will keep your appointment. However, in the event you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms (notably fever, cough, and shortness of breath) we strongly encourage you to stay home and take good care of yourself.
We will remain attentive to the changing conditions and will make further decisions providing updates as necessary. Please remember to follow the precautions and preventive measures as recommended by the Ohio Department of Health and the Center for Disease Control:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Please stay home when you are sick
Centers for Disease Control:
Travel Information via the Centers for Disease Control:
Ohio Department of Health:
World Health Organization:
Coronavirus updates in ASL provided by CSD (Communication Service for the Deaf)