Every plan is different, so contact the member services number on the back of your insurance card to determine your plan benefits. Insurance policies usually have coverage for speech therapy, but exclusions do apply. Please be sure to ask your member service representative if there are exclusions in your policy.
The evaluation usually takes 1-2 hours. Standardized tests and procedures utilized during testing are determined by your child’s age and ability level. A parent may be present in the room during the evaluation; however, if multiple persons/siblings are accompanying the child to the evaluation, it may be necessary to observe through a 2-way mirror.
The Speech/Language Pathologist assesses the following areas, as needed:
- Pertinent history prior to the evaluation – based on questionnaire and interview
- Receptive Language – what your child understands
- Expressive Language – what your child says
- Social Skills – how your child plays and interacts with others
- Articulation – how our child says speech sounds
- Oral Motor Skills – how your child’s jaw, lips, tongue and teeth work in coordinated movements for speech
- Voice – pitch and volume
- Fluency – rate and flow of speech
- Hearing Screening – attempted for all children 3+ years
CSHC schedules standing appointments for speech therapy. Your therapy will be scheduled for the same time and same day each week.
We have immediate daytime openings for speech therapy. If you are only available after school and evening hours, your wait will vary depending on your flexibility. Families available 4 pm or later any day will wait approximately 2 to 4 months. However it can be sooner.
We are usually scheduling 2-4 week out.
The Center will be closed in observance of the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day (Thursday and the following Friday)
- Christmas Day thru New Year’s Day
Hearing evaluations are often covered under health insurance plans; however, coverage varies widely by different plans and providers. Contact the member services number on the back of your insurance card to determine your plan benefits.
If we are not a provider with your insurance company, we will submit a claim to your insurance on your behalf. Payment is expected at the time of service and any reimbursement will be sent directly to you from your insurance company, if you are allowed to go out of your network and it is a benefit on your plan.
- Anthem BC/BS
- Buckeye Community Health Plan
- Bureau of Children with Medical Handicaps
- Medical Mutual
- Medicare – Requires a physician referral for hearing evaluations.
- Ohio Bureau of Worker’s Compensation
- Paramount Advantage
- Railroad Medicare
- United Health Care